2012년 4월 5일 목요일

I work at a two year university (technical college).  This semester, I teach students from the multimedia, interior design, international tourism, and leisure sports major students.  Most are false beginners that really never passed the beginner's level of any English course.  My students know English, vocabulary, grammar, a little bit of reading, some listening skills, however, everything is so scattered (meaning their levels) that when I enter the classroom, it seems they are at the lowest level.  Yet, individually, some are proficient and very few I can have a conversation. 

For the lesson plan, I will be using my most difficult students, Leisure Sports major.  The reason is simple, there is less diversity in English levels among the students and the textbook for this class is so simple that any other lesson would not make any difference (.....no, let me rephrase that....), they may learn some English.  I meet with my students every Friday from 2 to 4 pm.  There are around 45 students registered and about 35 are present in the classroom on any given Friday. 

What do I want to accomplish with my class?  For them to get serious and learn English.

What do I want to accomplish with my lesson?  Every class, I always try to think of a way to make the students learn something without them realizing that they are even studying.  This does not mean of the ways of playing a game.  The challenge is that if I used a task based assignment, it will not work because of their low communication skills and low classroom etiquettes.  Therefore, I will think about a new lesson plan to achieve this goal. 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기